On This Page:
Pregnancy ~ The Birth Story ~ Letters to Ellie ~ Ellie's Firsts ~ Family Visits ~ Other Updates
* * * * *
* * * * *
First, there was the pregnancy:
Just shy of 32 weeks pregnant
- Achilles Has a Little Something to Say: The big announcement!
- So, I'm Pregnant!: Catching up on the first trimester
- 15 Weeks: 15 Week Update
- Movement?: I think somebody is kicking me.
- A Prayer by Tina Fey: Tina says it best.
- Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice: It's a girl!
- 20 Weeks: 20 Week Update
- Pregnancy Brain Dump: 26 Week Update
- Third Trimester: 28 Week Update (with awesome ultrasound photos!)
- 30 Weeks: 30 Week Update
- A Shower for Baby Girl and The Rest of the Shower Weekend: My friends and family spoiled Baby rotten!
- 35/35: 35 Week Update
- A Space for Baby: We created a mini-nursery in our bedroom
- My First Baby and Speaking Of...: Achilles tried to make sense of it all
- One Last Look: Our last ultrasound, at 38 weeks
- A Post in Which I Whine: I was pretty uncomfortable by 38 weeks.
- Bust a Move: Baby was movin' and shakin' in there towards the end!
Our first family photo
- Elizabeth Alice: Baby's blog debut
- The Calm Before the Storm: Recapping our last days before baby
- Ellie's Birth, Part 1: Laboring at Home: I went into labor the evening of Sunday, March 25. I labored at home for two full days with a very tiresome speed up/slow down labor pattern.
- Ellie's Birth, Part 2: Laboring at the Hospital: We finally went to the hospital the morning of Wednesday, March 28, where my labor continued it's strange pattern and I made very slow progress.
- Ellie's Birth, Part 3: She's Finally Here!: I was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome and my 91-hour labor ultimately ended in an emergency c-section. My beautiful baby girl was finally in my arms on Thursday, March 29, 2012.
- Recovering: My recovery kind of sucked.
- A Few More Thoughts...: Debriefing after the whole experience
Letters to Ellie
One month old
Ellie's first bath, April 2012
- Splish Splash: Ellie's first bath (April 2012)
- My First Mother's Day: Okay, I guess this was really a first for me, but we'll count it for Ellie, too! (May 2012)
- Ellie Hearts NYC: Ellie's first train ride, and first outing in NYC! (May 2012)
- My Award-Winning Baby: Ellie's first parade, and first trophy! (May 2012)
- Toes in the Sand: Ellie's first time at the "beach" (May 2012)
- Father's Day, aka Ellie's Big City Adventure: Eric's first Father's Day (June 2012)
- Grass: Ellie's first time putting her feet in the grass (June 2012)
- Ellie Goes to Cleveland: Ellie's first road trip and church service (June 2012)
- Ellie's First Fourth: Ellie's first Independence Day! (July 2012)
- Meeting Grandpa: My dad came to visit, late April 2012
- Ellie and Grammy: My mom came to visit, early May 2012
- Ellie Goes to Cleveland: Meeting her Great-Gramps, Great-Aunt Rachel and Adam, and Great Aunt Jean, June 2012
Other Updates, Photos and Videos
- Our Newborn: Ellie's newborn photos, taken when she was one week old
- Announcing Ellie: Ellie's birth announcement
- The Cutest Sound: Ellie's sneeze moan, captured on video! (May 2012)
- Ellie FAQs: All about our adjustment to being a family of three (plus dog)
- The Downside of Being Two Months Old: Shots! (June 2012)
- Growing and Changing: She's growing up so fast...(June 2012)
- Still Perfecting Her Modeling: Monthly photo outtakes! (June 2012)