Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Meeting Grandpa

Two weeks ago, Ellie had her first family visitor: my dad. He arrived on a Tuesday morning and stayed through Friday. My dad had not yet been to see our Hoboken home, so I was very excited to show him around town. And, you know, show him my baby and all that.

Ellie and I met Dad/Grandpa at the train station when he first arrived and showed him the way to our home. We spent the rest of the week trying to fit in fun outings (such as a Hoboken walking tour and a trip to Target for some Ellie swimwear shopping) in between Ellie crying fits. Hey, sometimes my kid is just angry at the world and she wants you to know about it. And she made sure to tell Grandpa all the sad-but-true details. But, we made the most of the week, baby tantrums aside!

Grandpa holding Ellie for the first time

Three generations!

Grandpa and Ellie doing some sightseeing

Having a heart-to-heart

Okay, she didn't cry ALL the time. Sometimes she did sleep.

We also gave her Bath #2, which resulted in this face when it was time to get out. The girl loves her baths.

Thanks for visiting, Dad! I know Ellie was so happy to meet her Grandpa and can't wait to see you again this summer!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So sweet, I bet your dad was so happy to come and visit with you all :-)

Dad/Grandpa said...

I can't wait to see you all again too

Meghan said...

Awwww! I love these pics! Looks like a very special visit!