Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Sneak Painting Preview

It seems that I'm always slacking with sharing photos of our apartment all set up. It took me forever to post pictures of our last apartment, and I don't seem to be any rush this time around, either.

This time, my excuse is that it still isn't quite put together. We've had a lot of things going on since moving in here, including my mom's visit and travels back and forth to Florida for Kristina's wedding festivities. We still don't have pictures hung, and have a few more improvements we want to make before sharing our home with the world. But, we're finally making some good progress in that department, and it's my goal to be sharing pictures with you within the next week or two.

One of the things we have been working on is painting - the first time we've ever painted our home! Last weekend we painted the dining room together, and then on Monday I painted the living room. We're still considering painting the kitchen (I'm dying for a red kitchen), but that's up in the air. Whenever we move out, we'll have to paint everything back to white, and I'm afraid with all the appliance-moving that will have to happen to paint the kitchen, it will be more trouble than it's worth. As it is, the painting we did do is sort of an act of faith that we'll actually be in one place for a while. We want to get our money and effort's worth out of it before we paint over it and move on!

You'll get to see the finished product when I post the full apartment pictures, but in the mean time, here is a small preview, of the painting fun from last weekend:

The before picture

We decided to paint a family portrait instead of a solid color. I'm clearly the artist of the family, so I took charge.

With my masterpiece (and my dog)

Ah, well, my mural was fun while it lasted.

Hope you all are enjoying your Easter weekend!

1 comment:

4MileLove said...

Lol! Nice Family portrait! We did the same thing when we painted our living room... but after we painted over it, we realized you could still see the outline of our "art."