Friday, April 17, 2009

Reason #1190818 Why I Love My Husband

After you read my last post about our Easter celebration, you may have thought to yourself, "wow! What a fun Easter!" And that's true, it was. It was a wonderful holiday. But it was missing something. My Easter was not complete.

What was missing, you ask? I'll tell you.

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER EGGS. Also known as the BEST CANDY EVER. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my favorite candy on any given day. But the eggs...oh, the eggs. There's just something about them that makes them even better than the regular cups. I would say maybe it's because there's no "crust," just center peanut butter chocolate goodness. (I eat around the edges of peanut butter cups first, so I can enjoy the innards last.) But I'm not even sure that's it, because the other holiday cups don't thrill me like the eggs. The Christmas trees? Sure, they're fine. The Valentine's hearts and Halloween pumpkins are tasty too. But none can compare to the EGG.

But, this year, my life was without Reese's eggs. And it was sad. Our grocery and drug stores didn't seem to have them. As Easter approached I was lacking eggs and everyone seemed to be sold out. Easter came and went, and alas, I resigned myself to an Easter without a single Reese's egg to enjoy.

But then...enter my knight in shining armor! Last night Eric brought home the last Reese's egg he was able to find. It's an Easter miracle! And... IT'S A BIG ONE! I have never had a giant Reese's egg before but I am so looking forward to it. How do I even tackle it? Pick it up and take a bite? Knife and fork? I just don't know, but this is a wonderful problem to have.

Ah, there she is.

Here it is with my (somewhat veiny?) hand, to give you a better idea of the hugeness of it.

Needless to say, I am eternally grateful to my husband for satisfying my egg craving for this year. What a wonderful man to understand the importance of such things, and to make sure my candy needs are met. In case I had forgotten why I married him, chocolate and peanut butter in a giant egg shape has reminded me.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

OMG I love those too haha

Dad said...

It would probably be best to divide it first. Your old Dad could help you with that.

Anonymous said...

Meghan,
You are hilarious about that egg! It cracked (pun intended) me up! so glad Eric came to the rescue!

Love, Aunt Rachel