Friday, April 24, 2009

City Sunset

Are you tired of pictures of our view yet? I know I've been posting a lot of them, so if you are, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm so much happier in this apartment...our view is SO MUCH better here than in our last apartment, where all we could see was another ugly apartment building and a little bit of New Jersey. Now I love to look out our window, at all hours of the day. Sometimes at night I'll even stay up after Eric goes to bed and turn off all the lights and just look out at the buildings all lit up.

The result of me checking out our scenery at all hours of the day every day of the week is that I see it in lots of different lights and situations. And I take pictures of each. And then I share them with you. And so, here we are.

My newest favorite view pictures are from last week. The sky was just gorgeous at sunset, blue with pretty pink clouds. It looked very summery to me, something we haven't seen in a long, long time. And the colors reflected in the windows of the buildings were beautiful, too. Pictures can't really do it justice, but allow me to show you anyway:

Looking southeast

Looking east (don't worry, I angled the camera - the buildings aren't really tilted!)

Looking east, slightly southward. Do you see the building just to the left of center, with the orange-ish neon lights on top? That's Rockefeller Center.
And please, look at the colors reflected in all those windows. Wow.

Isn't that gorgeous? I love this view for so much more than just looking to see what color the Empire State Building is lit each day (although that is fun too...yesterday it was green in honor of the 25th Anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!). So often it just takes my breath away. If you haven't seen it yet in person, I highly recommend that you visit us immediately and see it for yourself!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Fabulous pics and view Meghan! So glad you made the move and can't wait to see the new apartment.