Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mamas out there, both current and future! Of course, we're sending an extra special happy day wish to our own mothers, and all the other awesome moms we're lucky to have in our lives—grandmas, aunts, cousins, friends. We're lucky enough to have inspiring mothers just about everywhere we look! Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful women!

We are spending a very nice weekend together as a family of four, supposedly in honor of the day, but really, it's not all that different from how we normally spend our weekends. We're big on the family time over here!

This is, of course, my first Mother's Day as a mother of two. I've spent the better part of the last year taking care of two sweet babies, and it has been both enormously challenging and endlessly rewarding. The addition of a second child has forced me to reevaluate my perception of who I am as a mother in many ways, to adapt the way I do things to suit the differences in my children's personalities, to strive to find patience where I think there is none, to tap into energy reserves I did not know existed, and to stretch my heart to contain all the love that is overflowing in our home.


I am very blessed.

No comments: