Friday, December 9, 2011

More Florida Family Time

So now I've already told you about our Florida Thanksgiving and Eric's high school reunion, but we were in Florida for much more time than that. What did we do with all this time, you ask? We spent lots of time with family. It was quite lovely.

On that Friday after Thanksgiving, Eric went golfing with his dad and brother. While he was doing that, my sister and I had some quality hang-out time together at my dad's house before she had to leave for rehearsal (for A Christmas Carol, which I know you all are going to see, RIGHT?!).

Eric with brother Ron and his dad on the golf course

On Saturday, during the day before the reunion, we met up with Eric's dad, sister Kelley, brother Ronnie and sister-in-law Stephanie for lunch. I haven't seen my father-in-law in quite a while so that was very nice!

W. family at lunch

Sunday was a full-on family day. We started the day at Gramz's house to celebrate her birthday. The whole family was there, which is always so nice. We had bagels for breakfast, exchanged a few Christmas gifts, and did some catching up.

My sweet mother-in-law

Toni opening her Christmas gift from Eric and me

Standing: Ronnie, Eric, Phyllis; Sitting: Stephanie, me, Gramz, Kelley and Toni

Goofy picture time!

After saying our good-byes to Eric's family, we hit the road and headed north to my mom's house. Her friends Don and Wilma stopped by to say hello, then after they left we played a few rounds of cornhole. I started off hot and was really, really good at it, although that quickly faded and I was back to my usual non-athletic self. But hey, it was fun while it lasted. Really, it was all fun, even when losing. Eric wouldn't know what that feels like, however, because no matter what combination of people we put on a team, his team always won. He probably thinks he's fancy.

Playing cornhole with my mom and Gary

Gary's turn, and Mom apparently having a blast!

The rest of our visit consisted of watching football (my boyfriend Tebow, to be more specific), eating a delicious dinner, and checking out my mom's new Jazzercise center that she just opened recently. She has been teaching Jazzercise for years and years, and has always wanted to have her own facility, and now she does! Way to go, Mom! We were quite impressed with her center.

If you're in the Spring Hill, FL area and looking for a fun, great workout, check her out!

Monday was our only day without definite plans, and we had hoped to maybe get to the beach for lunch or some such thing. Not so fast! Although the weather was spectacularly beautiful all four days prior, it poured rain all day on Monday. Because that's just the way it goes, am I right? We had also thought we would go visit Toni and Gramz one more time, but we just didn't like the whole driving-in-the-rain thing. (Hey, what can I say? We're out of driving practice!) So, we just stayed in and watched TV and relaxed.

Monday night we had dinner at Outback Steakhouse with my dad, sister Heather and Heather's roommate Tony. It was a yummy dinner with some good conversation to go with it. I did not take a picture, because I am lame and forgot, but trust me, all this happened!

And that was it! Tuesday it was back to New York. No matter how long the trip, it just never seems like we have enough time while we're in town, does it? But it was wonderful to see everyone! Hope to see you all again very soon!

No comments: