Friday, December 16, 2011

Caught Between the Moon & New York City

Sorry, I'm singing. Did you get that?

First of all, now that it is "Facebook Official," I want to take a second to congratulate my cousin Jacob and his lovely wife Zita on the birth of their baby girl! She was born on Monday, and from the pictures I have seen she is an absolute doll. I can't wait to meet her!

And, that's the first of my pregnant cousins to give birth. Next up is my cousin Erin (other side of the family) who is due in early March, and then it's my turn. DUN, DUN, DUN! So far this pregnancy has been flying by, am I right? Of course, we'll see how the next three months go - I may be singing a far different tune by March!

Anyway, back to the moon and New York City. This past Saturday Eric and I were out running errands, and as we walked back home along the river just after sunset, we saw the most incredible moonrise over the city skyline. It was just stunning. Unfortunately, we didn't have the camera with us. What?! Us?! No camera?! Unheard of.

So Sunday night Eric went back out to recreate the magic, and once again was treated to some spectacular views. Photos can't do it justice, but here is our best effort:

Okay, this is neither the moon nor is it New York City. But I thought this was a lovely shot of the Erie Lackawanna ferry terminal (and Jersey City behind it) at dusk.

This is New York City, but no moon yet. We'll call this a "before" shot.

There's that big, beautiful moon rising to the left of the Empire State Building (and you can see the Chrysler Building peeking out to the right of the ESB)

Gorgeous.

I seriously will never get tired of this view. Never, ever.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Ok now I'M singing. I love that song! haha..

Those pictures are so pretty, what an awesome view y'all have! and holy moly, I can't believe you have just 3 months left too. These girls are close to making their appearance! :)

Jessica said...

So jealous of that view!!! Congrats on your family's newest edition!!

Dad said...

Beautiful view and pics...great subject and Eric is really turning on the photog skills.