Sunday, May 1, 2011

I DID IT!!!!!!

I finished!!!!! 

Our souvenir tour photo, taken at the end of the ride

Am I completely and totally exhausted? Oh yeah.

Is every single muscle in my body tired/sore? You betcha.

Is my backside violently angry with me for subjecting it to such abuse? You could say that.

Are my legs filthy and covered in scratches and bruises? Painfully so.

But did I ride my bike for 42 miles, through all five boroughs of New York City? OH, YES I DID.

It didn't go smoothly the entire time, and there were times when I really had to gut it out to keep going (and probably would not have been able to do so without the support of my awesome husband by my side), but at the end of the day, I can say I did it. It is a great sense of accomplishment.

I'll be recapping the whole thing much more in depth for you next week (with lots of pictures!), but for now, I just wanted to share my good news before I collapse into bed. I may never move again.

I did it! Hooray!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That is amazing girl, CONGRATS!!! :-)

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

Congratulations! What an amazing accomplishment and a great way to end a weekend!

Hope you are not hurting too badly today :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You should be so proud of yourself!
Love, Aunt Rachel

Jessica said...

You are so incredible, Meghan! Brian and I were very close to coming to NYC this summer and I was going to try and meet up with you! Our plans changed, but I definitely want to get together sometime!!

Molly said...

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

AD said...

I am very proud of you -- and very impressed. Never coulda done it.