Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainy Days

Yesterday I changed my computer desktop to this picture, taken as I lay on Clearwater Beach, FL back in April:


























I just needed some sunshine in my life. It has rained every day since Saturday, and is supposed to continue through the end of the week. I have discovered that I am a person whose mood is greatly influenced by the weather, so I am jonesing for some sunshine in my life right now.

As an added tortuous twist, today I have to venture out into the soggy city to take Achilles to the vet, a task that is unpleasant even on the most pleasant of days. I really like his vet, so I am taking him back into the city to stay with the same doctor, which means we have quite a commute ahead of us - a ferry ride and several miles of walking. If this rain keeps up, it looks like Achilles will be going for a cab ride today!

On the positive side (see how that sunshiney beach picture is already helping my outlook?), this nasty weather has forced me to stay inside and actually do some much-needed cleaning and organizing around the apartment. Maybe one of these days, I'll actually take some pictures and show off our "new" apartment to you! I guess it's not really new anymore since we've already been here for three months, but whatever. I'm always slow with new apartment pictures.

Now I'm off to track down Achilles' rain coat, because the only thing that could make matters worse when he freaks out at the vet and tries to CLIMB ME to escape is if he is soaking wet when it happens.

This is a very old picture (you can tell because his face isn't gray yet), but this is Achilles ready for rain.

Rain, rain, go away!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am awaiting the summer storms...shouldn't be too long before I need to keep an umbrella in my car, purse, diaper bag, etc. I am sure you are sick of it, but sometimes it can be a good excuse to stay in PJs all day!

Lauren said...

I hate the rain too, glad it's not too rainy here in Florida yet!

KSK said...

I love Achilles rain coat!!! So cute :)

Sandra said...

Your dog is so cute, it looks like he's smiling!