Sunday, November 23, 2014

E.J.'s Eyes

Since he was born, I have been saying that E.J. has "dark" eyes. I have been hesitant to assign a color to them because they have seemed to change day-to-day, or even moment-to-moment as the light changes. They certainly were never baby blue like his sister's, though sometimes they looked like maybe there was a hint of deep blue in there. Sometimes I see flecks of green, sometimes they look grey, and lately I've been seeing more and more of his father's handsome brown in those sweet baby eyes.

We feel fairly confident that ultimately, he'll end up with brown eyes like his daddy, but in the meantime, I have been trying desperately to capture those eyes as they are now accurately in a photograph. This one is the closest I've come so far.


Handsome little fellow, isn't he?