Monday, September 2, 2013

Bubbles

Last week Ellie and I happened to find a bubble machine on clearance at Target. I had considered getting her one a while back, because she loved playing with regular bubbles over the summer. But, by "playing with regular bubbles," I actually mean "frantically signing 'more' as Mama nearly hyperventilated, trying to blow bubbles fast enough to keep up." So, I figured a bubble machine might be a good buy. Stick some AAs in that bad boy and I don't have to worry about passing out anymore.

Well, the bubble machine was a hit. As expected, Ellie loved it. But not just loved it, she LOVED it. In fact, when I look at the picture below, all I can think of is the conversation Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen had at the playground in Knocked Up. Basically, "kids go apeshit over bubbles."

"I wish I liked anything as much as my kids like bubbles."

It is so much fun to watch Ellie be so delighted over something so simple. Needless to say, I returned to Target ASAP to stock up on THE BIG BOTTLE of clearance bubble solution. I see hours of bubbly joy in our future!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Her expression is just priceless! :)

Lauren said...

Soooo adorable :-)