Monday, April 19, 2010

My Second Blogiversary


My blog is two years old today!

To be more specific, that is: two years; 315 posts; two states of residence; three apartments; 19 different out-of-town visitors; 60 days spent entertaining said visitors; 50 flights; five states visited; three countries visited (actually 12 if you count all the ones on my cruise); five weddings; 11 Broadway shows; 10 sporting events; 90 celebrity sightings; one graduation; one bar exam passed; two half-marathons run; and nearly a bajillion pictures taken (okay, I didn't actually count the pictures, but who's arguing here?).

WOW. I can't say that back when I first hit publish on April 19, 2008, I expected it would last this long. It was an experiment, not something I took seriously. I hesitantly emailed out the link to my family, unsure of what would come of it. Now it has grown into something I really enjoy and hope to continue for some time.

In the last two years, we have had so many good times. We have enjoyed New York. We have traveled. We have gone to weddings. We have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries. It has been incredible, and we have been making memories I know we will never forget. Of course, we also faced some struggles, including a grad school rejection, a salary cut, Toni. So much has happened in such a short amount of time.

Thinking back to where we were two years ago, we were on the brink of such a big life change. We were so looking forward to the next step in our lives. Now, two years later, we're getting close to that point again. We don't know exactly what our next step will be yet, but we can sense that it's approaching. Don't worry, there will be a whole separate post about that one of these days!

On a lighter note, to celebrate my two-year blogging anniversary, I switched things up a little bit around here. After two years of pink, I thought it was about time for a new look, and I'm feeling a little more purple now. How do you like the new color scheme?

Thanks to all of you for listening to me and following our lives for all these years. I love writing here and the fact that you all like reading it amazes me. I hope you'll stick with me as we continue on our way.

Happy Blogiversary to me!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Love the new look and Happy Blogiversary! I have loved staying close to your lives in pictures and words.

Love you guys

Unknown said...

Purple!!! I like it :) Congrats on two years of blogging fun, I've loved it!