Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

Beautiful spring in Central Park

We have been having absolutely incredible weather lately. I mentioned last weekend that we had 75 degrees and sun for Easter Sunday. This week, we set a record high of 92 degrees on Wednesday! The previous record was set in 1929 at 89 degrees. I even took Achilles to the dog park that day, but it was so hot all the dogs were just laying around in the shade in stead of playing. I mean, since when do I live in Florida? Of course, today it's back in the high 50s/low 60s and dreary, but STILL. We're definitely trending up!

In addition to the warmer temperatures, everything is in bloom - daffodils, tulips, blossoming trees. It's beautiful. In the last week, Eric and I (and Achilles!) have spent quite a bit of time in Central Park enjoying the spring scenery. It's just so nice to be outside without a jacket, looking at green grass and flowers.

Cherry blossoms in Central Park

Pilgrim Hill

Eric enjoying the spring

Funny. I see a resemblance between Achilles and the Balto statue, don't you?


VIDEO: Achilles enjoying the spring weather in Central Park

Spring is just really making a run to be my favorite season this year. It's just so beautiful, and it's so nice to be able to go outside again!

In other news, I want to say WELCOME HOME to Heather! As of today, she has finished her six-month cruise ship contract and is returning to the U.S. It's good to have her back! It will be nice to be able to call her whenever I want to talk to her, and I'll be seeing her Memorial Day weekend when she, my cousin Molly, and my cousin Jacob's wife Zita (does that make her my cousin-in-law?) are coming to visit. I can hardly wait! It will be so nice to have Heather back home. Congratulations on completing your first contract, Heather!

I hope all of you have a great weekend! Enjoy the spring!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Wow - that looks so gorgeous! I miss the beauty of new spring blooms, even though we have a spring of sorts here as well.
Have a fun day!