Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Test Free is the Way to Be!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that the I now live in a test-worry-free household. For the first time in...well...EVER, neither Eric nor I have any tests hanging over our heads or looming in our future. Well, unless I get into grad school. Then there will be more tests. But in the definite foreseeable future, we are TEST FREE!

As I so joyously posted, Eric's test worries ended on Friday when he found out he passed the bar. Man, what a weight has been lifted since we found that out. Not that we doubted he would pass, but it was so nice to know for sure. Yesterday we found out his score on the multi-state portion of the exam, and he did really well! Again, nothing unexpected there. We celebrated on Friday with a nice Italian dinner out and some wine, then ice cream and a movie at home. Very nice!

And, as you also know, I took the Psych GRE a week and a half ago. I don't know what I got yet, but I'm not worried about it anymore because there's nothing I can do about it now! I feel pretty confident that I did just fine.

And today, I finally took the regular GRE! Halleluia, it's over! And...I did really well! Much better than I expected. It was so great to see all my hard work pay off. I'm so glad to be done. Now I can start enjoying my days again. No more full days of nothing but studying! I can catch up on emails, go shopping, clean the house, cook nice dinners for my husband, exercise, take the dog for a walk, read a book for pleasure, plan a vacation, watch movies, post aimlessly on this blog, get my hair cut, start working on the 2009 Achilles calendar, make our holiday plans, and so many more fun things that I have been putting off for the last six weeks. Aaaah, what a relief.

Of course, I can't completely relax yet. I still have to write my personal statement and actually get my grad school application in the mail. So, I'll work on getting that together for the rest of this week, and by Friday I should be totally done with the application process! What a relief. I'll be stress-free for Thanksgiving and my dad's visit! And after that it will be job search time...but I don't want to think about that just yet.

Really? A life with no more tests? I can't even imagine!

No comments: