Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rats! (Literally)

I had another very New York experience today involving a rat in the subway. Yes, I saw a rat in the subway, but that has happened before. And those suckers are every bit as big as in the tales you've heard. But today, not only did I see the rat...I saw it after it RAN INTO MY FOOT. I was just standing there, minding my own business, waiting for my train. I felt something bump into my foot and Eric said, "Oh! A mouse!" as it scurried away from my foot. Ick!!! Thankfully I had boots on, so there was no risk of rat-to-skin contact.

That is one thing I miss about DC - the Metro. The subway isn't awful; I've really gotten used to it alright. But the Metro was always so clean and well-lit and easy to figure out. The subway...well, isn't. I can assure you that in my three years in DC, I never even saw a rat, let alone had one physically accost me. Score one for DC!

In other news, Eric and I were able to have breakfast with my cousin Jacob this morning! He's in the US on business from Budapest and he is spending the day in New York. He was kind enough to fit us in to his hectic schedule, so we met him at the Seinfeld diner (known in real life as Tom's Restaurant) for breakfast. It was great to see him and catch up!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! Go Gators!

No comments: