Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas is Coming

Today I met Eric for lunch (because I no longer have to stay in the house and study all day!!!), and after lunch we passed by Rockefeller Center to see how the Tree setup is coming along. The tree is up, but won't officially be lit until December 3rd (and we're planning to go for the festivities!). That thing is HUGE. Check out all the scaffolding around it so people can get at it and put the lights and such on:


And here it is from the front...it's behind the giant Swarovski banner. Can't wait for it to be revealed in all its glory!


They also put up all these angels by the fountains along the walk up to Rockefeller Center:


So many stores have also already put up their Christmas window displays and decorations, so we'll have lots of Christmas spirit to take pictures of this season! So stay tuned for that as Christmas approaches.

We have a very fun couple of weeks coming up. As I mentioned, my dad is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. He arrives on Monday night, then on Tuesday we'll spend the day sight-seeing and Tuesday night we're going to see the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, featuring the Rockettes! I'm very excited about that. Wednesday we'll do some more sight-seeing until he has to leave for rehearsals, because he is marching with the Second Time Arounders Marching Band from good ol' St. Petersburg, FL in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade! So please, watch for him if you're watching the parade this year! If I find out where in the parade they'll be positioned, I'll let you know. But there's approximately a bajillion of them coming for this, so they should be hard to miss!

While my dad is at rehearsal on Wednesday, Eric and I are going to head over to Central Park to see the parade balloons being inflated. Then on Thanksgiving, we'll go watch my dad march in the parade before coming back and cooking dinner for him before he has to leave. Over the weekend, we'll probably do something to celebrate Eric's 26th Birthday (yay!), which is actually on Monday. THEN on Tuesday we have tickets to a taping of the Daily Show, and Wednesday will be the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting! So, it will be a jam-packed, super-fun couple of weeks. Stay tuned for lots of pictures, I'm sure!

Side note: sorry for the less-than-perfect quality of pictures in this post. For once in my life, I didn't have the camera with me (gasp!), so I used my cell phone camera! Not bad for a phone camera, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh man, you guys do so much stuff! How do you even know all of that stuff is going on?!? It's fantastic!