Monday, September 1, 2008

New York Bound!

Tomorrow is the big day! We're catching a 7:15 a.m. flight to New York, at last! I can't believe it's finally here. We've been having a great time in Florida, but I've really started feeling antsy to get up there and get our New York lives underway, so I'm pretty excited.

I've been meaning to post about the rest of our Florida fun over the past week, but haven't had a chance for any sort of in-depth recap, so you'll have to settle for just some quick pics! We've had a great time...we went to a Tampa Bay Rays game with friends and family, spent some time with my grandmother, visited Gainesville, visited my mom, and Eric visited his dad and stepmom. So we've been keeping busy, and it's been great!

Eric, me, and my dad at the Rays game. Sadly, they lost.

Our Rays game group, minus my husband: Eric's friend Eric, me, my dad, Stephanie, Ronnie and Gramz

Gainesville visit! Me (and Achilles) outside my old dorm building, Murphree Hall. 
When I lived there it wasn't air conditioned, but they just installed A/C last year. 
I hardly recognized the place without a million box fans in all the windows. Ah, the good ol' days.

Eric in the Swamp, which was all fancied up in preparation for the first game of the season on Saturday (which we won, 56-10 v. Hawaii!)

Me with the dog in the Swamp. Would you check out his tongue????

We got to see a new display room that houses all the various Florida trophies (what can I say, there's a lot of them!). 
Here are the 3 FL Heismans, all in a row: Spurrier's, Wuerffel's, and Tebow's.

We also got to catch a glimpse of football practice by peeking through a fence until we got yelled at and chased away! 
It's hard to make out, but Tebow is in this pic! He's the one on the left in the red jersey. Swoon!

So, now we are all packed up and ready to leave Florida to finally head to NYC. Eric's sister Kelley is picking us up at 5:30 a.m. to take us to the airport (thank you, Kelley!!!!). We're flying with the dog, of course, which could get interesting. Hopefully he won't be too much of a handful.

Our flight will get in to New York at 10:00 a.m., then we'll catch a cab to our apartment. And then we can finally start getting settled in! I'll be anxious to see what the place looks like when we arrive. Unless we're just totally beat, we'll probably get right to work unpacking and settling in. And I'm sure we'll take a break or two to walk the dog around the neighborhood and get a slice or two of NY pizza!

So, stay tuned for more updates about the much-anticipated move! I can't believe it's finally here!

No comments: