Friday, September 19, 2008

Beagles

I have to share this video that Eric showed me tonight. It is just too funny. Especially if you have ever owned a beagle.

My family had a beagle when I was a little girl. His name was Luke and he passed away right before we moved to Florida in 1994. He was an awesome dog. And oh, so smart. Way too smart for his own good. Oh, the stories my parents used to tell of Lukey as a puppy! He (like Achilles) suffered from separation anxiety and he was pretty hard to contain when left home alone. I've heard tales of him chewing his way through walls to escape, or crushing doorknobs with his teeth so that he could turn them with his paws to open the door. I mean, just outrageous stuff. By the time I was old enough to remember, he had calmed down a little bit, but I do remember his love of chocolate...and his knowledge of where we kept the dessert. When we left, he would just open the cabinet and help himself (in retrospect, I'm not entirely sure why we never moved the dessert out of his reach, but whatever). We'd come home to empty packages of cookies, and whole boxes of HoHo's or Hostess cupcakes GONE, wrappers and all. He was a crazy dog.

Anyway, that was a long story just to say that this video makes me think of Lukey - so resourceful!

No comments: