Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Grandma L.

Grandma L. at our wedding, August 2007

I'm sad to share with you that Eric's Grandmother Linane (on his father's side) passed away this week.

I only had the honor of meeting her on a few occasions, the first being our wedding in 2007 and the most recent being just before we left New York. On that last occasion she and Ellie were able to meet each other, something that I think is very special. I'm so glad Ellie was able to meet her great-grandmother and I'm so glad that Grandma L. was able to meet one of her great-grandchildren before she passed. I only wish we had more time there for them to have more opportunities to get to know each other better.

Although I personally didn't know her very well, from my interactions with her she was a very nice and kind woman. When we got to celebrate Christmas with Eric's Uncle Alan and his family, Grandma L. was there and you could just see how loved she was by her family and what an important part of the festivities she was. When we saw her in November, I loved watching her watch Ellie and hearing her reminisce about her own children. I was amazed that she could still remember at exactly what age (in months) each of her sons hit certain milestones. I'm even fuzzy on such details, and I'm still in the thick of it!

Unfortunately, given that we are in the middle of our Midwestern Road Trip, we are unable to be in New Jersey for Grandma L.'s funeral. Our hearts are there with the W. family, however, as they remember such a lovely woman.

Grandma L. with Eric and Ellie, November 2012

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So sorry for your loss!

jessica said...

She looks like the sweetest woman and how amazing that she remembered details from her own baby's lives <3 I'm thinking of you and Eric's family, I'm so sorry for your loss.