Monday, March 21, 2011

The Weather is Crushing My Spirit

First things first, I have to tell you that Eric ran an awesome half marathon yesterday! I can't wait to tell you all about it and share pictures and brag about him like crazy, but I have lots of photo sorting/editing to do first. So, in the meantime you get me being dramatic and whiny about the weather, and tomorrow will be Eric Is Awesome Day. Be sure to check back!

But today, the weather has crushed my very spirit AND it's a Monday so a whine is in order.

Can I tell you about the gloriousness that was last Friday? People, it got up to 72 DEGREES. That's a SEVEN in the front of that number! And the sun was shining! It was amazing. I took Achilles for a nice long walk - get this - WITHOUT A JACKET OR COAT. That is the first time in months I have not worn a jacket/coat/heavy sweater/sweatshirt outside. It was ah-mazing. We walked down the Pier A Park, where we sat and took in the view for a while, before continuing on the Pier C for a bit. Achilles even opened his face and panted a bit. It was so fabulous.

My view at Pier A Park. Check it out - no big winter boots! BALLET FLATS! Without socks! My bare skin is exposed to the elements and I'M NOT FREEZING!

This dog loves sunshine and warm weather. He's a Florida dog, after all.

Pier C looking pretty in the warm weather

Of course, I knew that high temperature wasn't meant to last. It was supposed to get quite chilly again over the weekend (and it did). However, Sunday (yesterday) was the first day of spring. That's promising, right? Spring! It's really happening! At long last!

And then I woke up this morning. To rain and SNOW. Snow, people. Yesterday was the first day of spring and today it snowed. And not only that, it's supposed to snow again Wednesday, and possibly also on Saturday. (Insert cursing here.) I know that really, it's just stray flurries and I'm sure there won't be any accumulation, but do you know how soul-crushing it is to come off a 72-degree day only to see snowflakes outside your window? Not okay.

All I can say is that next week's Florida trip will not be coming a moment too soon. I got my first taste of warmth and sunshine and now I need it in my life.

And that is my whine for this dreary Monday morning.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute shoes, hope it gets warm again soon for you guys! Yay for Florida will you have any free time?? :)

Mrs. W. said...

Ah, Lauren, I wish! But I don't think so. We're going down for a wedding (Eric is a groomsman) so most of our time is going to be spent at wedding-related things, then with family. I'll keep you posted if anything opens up but I'm not counting on it! :(

Jessica said...

The weather here is bouncing around! I hope it is nice when you are down :)

Molly said...

I am with you. It was in the 70s here this weekend, too, and just beautiful - we were out playing tennis for four days straight! And now we are in again :(

Mrs. W. said...

Jess, so long as it is not 40 degrees and snowing, I will be a happy girl. :)

Molly, let's boycott and move to the Caribbean. CC*: Caribbean Edition has a nice ring to it.

Dad said...

I have room in Florida!!! You too Molly!

KT @ KT's Refinishing School said...

That happened to us last Monday! 70s over the weekend then snow on Monday--definitely not the best way to start the week!

Congrats to your hubby on his race--that's awesome :)