Thursday, October 14, 2010

Being Married is Like Having a Color Television Set...

...you never want to go back to black and white.

I'm leaving today for Illinois for my cousin's bridal shower, but I have been wanting to share this video with you for some time and I thought today, as we have another family wedding approaching, would be an appropriate time.

I came across this video online a while back and it touched me. It is the story of an old married couple from Brooklyn. They discuss their first date, their relationship, and their last days together as he faced terminal cancer. It's a true story and so, so touching.

VIDEO: Danny & Annie, by StoryCorps

"You walk in with me, and you walk out with me."

Marriage is such a beautiful gift and I'm so lucky to be married to Eric. I hope that as we live our life together, our love story will write itself as beautifully as Danny and Annie's did. May every married couple be so lucky.

No comments: