Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Afternoon on the Intrepid

Eric and I had a really nice weekend this past weekend, despite the whole Tim Tebow concussion thing. On Saturday before the game, we decided to take advantage of Free Museum Day, which meant we could choose one museum from a list for free admission. Unfortunately, none of the big ones like the Met or Guggenheim were included, but the Intrepid Museum was, so we opted for that one. We have been on the deck of the Intrepid several times before for their movie nights, and I did the museum once briefly with my dad, but I was looking forward to spending more time there with Eric. We also invited my friend Amanda along with us.

We all met for breakfast at our favorite local diner first, then walked over to the ship. It was a fairly nice day - partly sunny but a bit chilly. We had a great time touring the ship. You get to walk around inside and see what the setup is like (there are so many buttons and knobs, I can't even imagine knowing what they all do!), plus there's an area with lots of interactive, hands-on stuff. We had a great time exploring! Care to see some photos of our fun afternoon?

Planes and helicopters on the deck of the ship

Some handsome guy on the deck

Up close and personal with a plane

He's going to be mad at me for posting this one, but I like it!

Reviewing the maps

In a simulator cockpit thingy

Sleeping on bunk beds with Amanda

Inside a "space shuttle"

After the museum, we picked up some H&H bagels for the rest of the weekend (yum) then went home to watch the Florida game. We had a nice day on Sunday, too - we just went out to lunch and then picked up Season 3 of Dexter to brush up on last season's happenings before the Season 4 premier that night (which, by the way, was AMAZING). It was a great weekend together!

I'm especially thankful for this past weekend because Eric has just been so busy at work lately. He has been working late and over the weekends quite a bit, so I was glad he had some free time for those couple of days. Now that this week is underway, however, he's been back at it. In fact, he was even instructed yesterday to tell his wife that she won't be seeing him at all for a few days. So, that's a bummer. I know that I shouldn't complain, because it's good that he's busy (and even has a job at all, these days), but I miss him. He's a fun guy to have around!

No comments: