Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love, Sweet Love


Happy Valentine's Day, my friends!

I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with all things hearts, flowers and chocolate. And wine. For heaven's sake, if you are not knocked up, please drink some wine on my behalf.

Eric and I don't have much planned for the day, although we did get to spend yesterday together at the Westminster Dog Show, which was delightful. More to come on that later! For tonight, it will probably be a quiet evening at home (seriously, I sound like a broken record these days, because that's primarily what we do anymore) and a Valentine's Day Glee date via Skype with my dear cousin Molly. Ah, the romance!

But, as it should, this day has me thinking about love. Given my excessively-prone-to-mushiness state lately, I feel like my love cup runneth over. I'm so lucky to have so many people to love, and so many people who love me back. I love my family, all my dear friends, my handsome and adoring husband, and the sweet babe who is currently trying to drive some sort of extremity straight through my belly button as I type these very words (is that her saying, "I love you too, Mom!"?). I even love my adorable (albeit crazy) little pup, and given that he spent the entire weekend following me around the apartment and staring at me, I think he loves me, too. How blessed am I?

And to my Valentine himself, that husband I mentioned - you are the best. Thank you so much for all the years of love already behind us and all those still ahead of us. Thank you for already being such a great father to my little girl and as always, such a wonderful husband to me. I'm so lucky to have a husband/lobster/shooting star wish/football stud/father-of-my-child like you. I love you!

Enjoy your day, all! Spread some love!

4 comments:

jessica said...

Happy Valentine's Day, mama :) I hope you and your honey have a special night at home, you know we'll be doing the same thing!

Lauren said...

Happy Valentine's Day friend! I will def have a glass or two of wine for ya ;-)

Jessica said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Dad said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you four!!

Love you all.