Wednesday, September 7, 2011

13 Years

Thirteen years ago today, Eric first asked me to be his girlfriend. Thirteen years! It's hard to believe it has been that long.

I still remember how giddy I was that the cute boy from the pool actually wanted ME to be his girlfriend. It was definitely a "pinch me, I must be dreaming" moment in my young, teenager life. We were at the beach on Labor Day and after he asked me, we walked back to the car holding hands. Swoon!

Now, 13 years have passed and we certainly are not those same 16-year-old kids anymore. But I definitely still get that "pinch me, I must be dreaming" feeling from Eric on a regular basis, and I still find him every bit as swoon-worthy as I did on September 7, 1998, if not more so. I'm a lucky girl!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow how cute, 13 years that is such a long time congrats!!! :-)

KSK said...

Awe! You got the boy of your teenage dreams! That's wonderful that you guys found each other so long ago!

Dad said...

Love you both.

Jessica said...

Congratulations on a wonderful 13 years! What a beautiful accomplishment! :-)

Meghan said...

Aww! That is super cute. Happy Anniversary!