Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cancelled

Bet you didn't expect an update from me so soon, eh? Yeah, me either. I also did not expect my first update to be coming from a Holiday Inn in Long Island. 

Our flight was cancelled due to mechanical difficulties. After many, many hours of delay both in the airport and on the plane. To give you a better idea, our 8:05p.m. flight was finally officially cancelled at 2:00 a.m. And that was many, many hours after my poor family suffered through more delays, bad turbulence, and rerouting earlier in the day. It took my poor mother and sister nearly nine hours to make the two-hour journey from Tampa to New York. I'll be posting all the details later (when we get back), but maaaaan, what a day.

So, the current update is that our new flight will be leaving at 3:00pm-ish today. We're still a little sketchy on that, but that's the latest. So, we lose a day in Budapest, which is really disappointing. What can you do, though, I guess?

Wish us luck that we will actually make it there this time....

No comments: