Saturday, December 20, 2008

More NYC Randomness

Before I get to my latest installment of Random Sights Around New York, first I'd like to share that I officially have all my GRE scores! And I did very well! On the general test, I was in the 90th percentile on the Verbal and Writing sections, and 69th percentile on the Math section. And on the Psychology test, I scored a 700, which puts me in the 82nd percentile and is better than I was scoring on my practice tests, so I am very pleased. I worked so hard studying for these tests, so it's reassuring to know that my efforts were worthwhile. I also got word that the school received all of my application materials and are now reviewing everything. I have no idea when I'll find out if I got in or not, but I'm optimistic and I hope it will be soon!

And now, on to some more fun stuff. I just have a few pictures to share with you in this installment, but they are pretty random. Enjoy:

This is the Naked Cowboy (in the white briefs and boots), and apparently on this day he had a little Naked Friend with him. The Naked Cowboy hangs out in Times Square. He's pretty random the first time you see him, but after you've seen him a couple times, he loses his shock value and all you want is the tourists to stop gawking and get out of your way. At least, that's how it went for me. But, he gets a mention in this post because I took this picture on the day of our first substantial snowfall. So, I find the Naked Cowboy to be crazy. Sure, it's all well and good to hang out in Times Square in your underwear in July, but in December on a snowy day? Pure craziness. That's pneumonia waiting to happen.

This is quite possibly the most frightening and dangerous part of living in New York City. McDonald's delivery??? You mean all I have to do is a dial a phone and the McDonald's comes right to me? Well then, hello Mr. Gluttony and Mr. Sloth, make yourselves right at home here on my couch. Yikes! (Note, especially to my mother: I have never ordered McDonald's delivery, nor do I have any plans to do so in the future. I am simply discussing what COULD happen to someone less walking-inclined. Although I enjoy a nice ordered-in dinner on occasion, I generally walk to get my food instead. So don't worry, Mom. I'm not binging on ordered-in double cheeseburgers.)

This is my last picture for today, and I find it to be excessively random. Eric took this one on his way to work the other day. CAMELS! Standing on the street in New York City! That's ridiculous. Although, Eric said they were standing by Radio City Music Hall, so I assume they are the camels that star in the Nativity Scene of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. So, I get it. But still...camels are one thing you probably would not expect to see as you walk around the Big Apple.

I hope you all are having a nice weekend, and your holiday preparations are coming together nicely. Eric and I are going out on the town this afternoon for some shopping and exploring, which I am very much looking forward to.

Stay tuned...I have lots more things up my blog-posting sleeve for this week!

No comments: