Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So Far, So Good

So, being 26 is pretty decent so far. I got so many cards, emails, text messages and phone calls yesterday from loved ones wishing me well, which was so, so nice. Thanks to everyone for thinking of me! You all helped make my day great.

After my wonderful breakfast from my husband, I went to work and had a busy day, but I was able to get everything done that needed to be done by 3:00, so I snuck out early. When I got home I enjoyed more birthday cake and then decided to do a quick Wii Fitting before heading out to my birthday dinner. Even the Wii Fit was celebrating my birthday!

Why, yes, Mr. Wii... today IS an important day for me! And I like your festive party hat!

This screen popped up right after the Wii threw streamers all over the place and said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

And the Wii Fit totally had my back...when Eric signed in to do his own daily body test, the Wii reminded him that he should be doing nice things for me. Not that Eric needs a reminder of course (seriously, he's the best husband ever), but it's nice to know that the Wii is looking out for me.

In fact, you are not mistaken, Mr. Wii.

Awww, no need to guilt trip him, Wii. He already feels bad about having to study all day.

After my Wii Fit session, I headed out to Chinatown to meet up with my friend Leah for dinner and drinks. We met at an Irish bar near her house for a quick pre-dinner drink, then went to Matchbox for dinner. Matchbox is a great restaurant in Chinatown that has mini-burgers that are to die for. They also have awesome pizza. The only downside to Matchbox is that unless you want to eat at 4:30pm, you're going to have to wait for a table, regardless of what day of the week it is. The counter point to that is that their bar is a great place to hang out and wait for a table! We actually only had a 30 minute wait, so we had just enough time to enjoy a glass of wine before we were seated.

Dinner was awesome - more wine, delicious pizza, and the mini-burgers. Oh, the mini-burgers. Topped with the best onion straws you've ever had. So, so good. Leah and I had a great time chatting and catching up. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to just have "girl time," because I spend most of my time with Eric. Of course I love hanging out with my husband, but sometimes it's nice to just drink wine and discuss hopes, dreams, and good-looking celebrities with another girl!

After dinner we picked up another bottle of wine (what can I say? Husband/boyfriend bar studying has driven us to drink), then we went back to Leah's apartment and drank our wine on her rooftop until it started to drizzle. By that time it was getting a little late, so her boyfriend drove me home, and that was the end of my birthday celebration!

Leah and me at her apartment, enjoying our wine. Apparently, I am a giant.

So, another birthday over with, and now onto the next things on our "What's Next" list! Now we're getting into the really good stuff...I'm leaving for Cleveland on Friday for our annual family reunion, and by the time I get back on Monday, Eric will be IN ALBANY FOR THE BAR EXAM! He's really almost done, halleluia. Then, the moving madness begins! So, stay tuned for the craziness that will be our August!

No comments: