Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little More Tebow Fever

So, it has been made clear to me through blog comments that not all of my female family members fully support my moving on from a Jesse Palmer crush to a Tim Tebow crush. I felt I needed to comment on this highly important issue.

While I do agree that the picture I posted below of Jesse is, as one might say, rather "dreamy," I have seen the error in my purely superficial ways and have moved on to looking at more than just rugged jaw lines and manly stubble (although I apparently have not moved past biceps, judging from the Tebow picture to the left). Tim Tebow is not only easy on the eyes, but is someone to be admired for his kindness, dedication, and his Christian faith. Eric recently sent me this article about our good friend Timmy, and I thought it was pretty amazing. Tebow has decided to make use of his position as a Heisman winner and star quarterback for the 2008 National Champions (okay, I'm getting a little ahead of myself there, but who disagrees?) to share his faith in ways that otherwise might not be available to him, such as ministering to prison inmates. 

So, although I will always hold a special place in my heart for Jesse Palmer, I can't help but notice a contrast: Jesse used his QB fame to land him a spot on a reality TV show (although he certainly does have a face for TV, so you can't fault him there), while Tebow uses it to spread the Word to prison inmates and sick orphans. I find him to be very inspiring, and hence, my Tebow love. 

And really, come football season, it will be the best of both worlds - Jesse is now an ESPN college football analyst. So, you can watch Tebow play the game, and Jesse during halftime. A win-win! :-)

No comments: