Monday, May 12, 2008

Business in the Big Apple

I spent this past weekend working on a project in New York. I had been really excited for the chance to get up there and see the city again. I've been sort of apprehensive about the move lately, and about how much I'll really like it up there, so I was hoping this trip would fully renew my excitement. Well, I didn't get to see much of NYC because I was literally working the ENTIRE time I was there. At times, I even forgot I was in New York. I didn't even realize that the building I was working in had an excellent view of the Empire State Building until we were about to leave, because I was simply too busy to look out the window and take notice. I saw the city for all of 10 minutes, on my cab rides to and from Penn Station. Well, I guess I did also see it a little bit from my hotel window:
But...I did get excited all over again! I can't believe we're really going to live up there. There was just so much to look at, so much going on, and it's like that all the time. I think it's going to be a blast. If only we could know where we will live, I think all my apprehension would disappear and I could go back to being completely and totally excited. But, we don't know where we'll live yet, and I don't do so well with an uncertain future!

I can't wait for everything to come together so we can start our life as New Yorkers! Just a few more months!

No comments: