Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tebow Love in the Offseason


Those of you who know us well know that we are a very Tim Tebow-friendly household. I know that we've really gotten this point across because my mother is still sending us Tebow-related articles now, in April...months after Tebow won the Heisman, and months before the 2008 football season actually gets underway. And we love it! The W. Family Hearts Tebow!


Apparently, Tebow makes news for more than just his athletic prowess. Eric emailed me today to inform me that in a debate about the NCAA's hottest athletes, Sports Illustrated thinks Tebow is a clear favorite. Eric also sent me this link to a picture of a very lucky Tebow fan who was able to get a picture taken with him. This fan "gushed" about how Tebow even touched her! That reminds me of myself, my freshman year of college, and my crush on then-Gator QB (and later "The Bachelor") Jesse Palmer (pictured on the right). One day as I was out and about on campus, I was lucky enough to cross paths with the football team on their way to or from practice. As they passed, I apparently was in Jesse's way, because he touched my back and politely said, "Excuse me." I swooned. He remained my main QB squeeze for quite some time. I even watched him on the Bachelor, the only season of that show I ever watched.

These days, I have to admit that my Jesse crush has waned, making room for Mr. Tebow. It doesn't hurt of course, that he is a good kid, with a high GPA, and always willing to sign autographs for his fans...that is, when he's not too busy spending his summers and spring breaks with orphans and sick children in the Philippines. Seriously. How can you not love him?

Girls screaming at Tebow like he's a Beatle or something.
Oh, who am I to judge? I'd be doing the same thing.

MAN, we're excited for Gator football this year! Go Gators!

P.S. For those who may be concerned, my dear husband is fully aware of my Tebow crush and he completely understands. In fact, he has a Tebow man-crush to call his very own. So no worries. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, after seeing the absolutely dreamy picture of Jesse Palmer, I have to say that he beats Tim Tebow by a MILE in looks! Sorry, Meghan and Eric, but that is my humble opinion. :-)
Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

I agree with Aunt Becky!!