Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Wee Irish Lass

Happy St. Patrick's Day, my friends! Luck o' the Irish to you!

Ellie may only be a little bit Irish, but she is clearly quite proud of that part of her heritage. And, thanks to her Auntie Megan in Cleveland, today our wee Irish lass is celebrating her last first holiday in proper Celtic style:

Festive and happy!

And, she's bringing along her two best buds for the celebration:

Her new (apparently Irish) sock monkey 

And, lest he feel left out, or old festive dog makes a triumphant return!

We'll be heading downtown later today to try to catch my dad in a Second Time Arounders concert at MacDinton's, and will be dining on our traditional Guinness beef stew for dinner. Aside from that, we'll be sticking close to home because I am a busy person these days. I have had all sorts of posts and such planned in the last week or so, but there just hasn't been time. I was already going crazy with all that I still had left to do for Ellie's birthday party next Saturday (because apparently I am a person who cannot say no to a good craft), and then, I got some new jury work in on top of it. Somehow jury work always seems to find me at the most inopportune times. I can't complain, because I love the work and certainly don't hate the income, but the timing just always seems to be less than ideal (such as the big case I was working on as we moved to Florida. That was good times). Now, I have to-do lists on top of to-do lists (seriously, my Wunderlist app is frightening) and far too little time to do it all. So you probably won't be seeing much of me this week.

But, can we take a quick second to also address the fact that this is Ellie's last first holiday? Last year at this time I had just finished work and was anxiously awaiting her arrival, and I was incredibly uncomfortable. The idea that we've already almost come full circle, and this Easter will be her second Easter already, is blowing my mind. How has it been a year?

But today, we celebrate (kid-friendly) Irish style, with festive attire, some delicious Irish fare, and perhaps one small glass of green beer (or milk, if you prefer). Happy St. Patrick's Day, all! Erin go bragh!

Very exciting!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope you guys have a nice St. Patti's Day love her outfit & Achilles little vest too :-)

Kari said...

I love the shamrock dress and socks!! So cute. :)

jessica said...

Precious girl, I Love that outfit!!