Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent

Today began the Lenten season, a time for reflection, sacrifice, focusing on what's important and strengthening your faith. I'm not usually one to give up something for Lent, but this year Eric and I are both planning to make some alterations in our daily lives that hopefully will change us for the better at the end of this 40 days.

We began the Lenten season with Ash Wednesday service at church, Ellie's first. She was the youngest one there and was so good through the service (Puffs may or may not have helped). And, she received her first ashes.


Of course, she's too young to understand any of this, but I'm so excited to begin this tradition with her and look forward to the day when I can really teach her what everything means. For now, though, we'll just help her to be a part of it as much as we can.

I have so much to be thankful for this Easter season!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

This is the cutest picture ever of you two :-)