Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lucky Number Seven

Today marks seven years since Eric asked me to be his bride. I'm not known for being a particularly decisive person, but that was one decision I didn't have to hesitate about, even for a second. My answer was yes even years before he ever asked. It was the best (and easiest) decision I ever made.

It is fun to think about how far we've come since that chilly January night on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, and then to realize that in the grand scheme of our life together, we're still only at the very beginning. This is only the tip of the iceberg, my friends. Even though our life is changing so dramatically right now, I know that I can handle any changes that come my way because of my one constant: my incredible husband. All we need in life is our family, and everything is good. It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, if we're together, we have all we need to live a happy, satisfied life.

I am one lucky girl.

Then and now...left: newly engaged in D.C., 2006; right: our happy family in NYC, 2012

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Too adorable :-)

jessica said...

I love the side by side... Happy #7! ;)