Saturday, March 17, 2012

Erin go Bragh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, my friends!


This Irish girl obviously doesn't have any big plans for drinking green beer or Irish whiskey or what have you today (unfortunately), so our St. Patrick's Day this year is pretty mellow. We started off the day by taking Achilles to the vet for some shots - now THAT is party time, am I right? Now we're settling in to watch the rest of the NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade on TV while my Guinness beef stew cooks in the crock pot (recipe posted back in 2010, here). After the parade it will be basketball time. Ah, March.

One person that is having an awesome St. Patrick's Day this year is my dad, who is marching in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Savannah, GA with the rest of the Second Time Arounders Marching Band! How fun is that?! I've always wanted to check out this holiday in Savannah so I'm pretty jealous of my dad's trip! Hope you're having fun, Dad!

Given that he had a rough morning (see above re: shots), we're giving Achilles the day off from dressing up in humiliating holiday wear. So, I'll just leave you with this photo from last year:

Festive Achilles, St. Patrick's Day 2011

Luck o' the Irish to you all!

1 comment:

Steph said...

My Gma is traveling with the STAers in Savannah too! She is just going to enjoy the festivities though. My fam lives in Savannah and it is supposed to be CRAZY!