Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

 Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope you all are having a fabulous day filled with friends, family, and lots of delicious food. Unlike years past, there will be no Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for us this year - well, not in person anyway. Eric is running a Turkey Trot this morning, and then we will be watching the parade on DVR in the comfort and warmth of our apartment while cooking our Thanksgiving feast. Then tonight we will continue the tradition of trimming our Christmas tree and officially welcoming the Christmas season.

Now is the part of the post where I go totally unoriginal and list the things I'm thankful for. Overdone, I know, but it's always nice, isn't it? We've come so far in a year, and it's nice to reflect on what has brought us to this point. So, here is my Thanksgiving Thankful List, 2010 Edition:
What I'm Thankful For...

I'm thankful for my husband, who is so supportive, thoughtful, kind, and hard-working. We're facing some life changes in the near future and I'm so thankful to have a husband who puts so much thought and careful consideration into what path will be best for our family.

I'm thankful for my family. Family is so important, don't you think? Coming off a week spent with some of my most favorite people in Mexico, I am reminded how lucky I am to have these people (and those who weren't there as well, of course) in my life. We are very blessed in this department.

I'm thankful for how far Toni has come in the past year. Last year at this time, I was just thankful that she was still with us. I never would have imagined how far she would come in just a year's time. She's such an inspiration and I love her very much.

I'm thankful for Achilles. He may cause me stress sometimes, but he always puts a smile on my face. Specifically, his newfound love of sleeping with his tongue sticking out is just delightful.

I'm thankful for our apartment. I know this is our last holiday season in this apartment (thanks to a looming rent increase headed our way in February), but we have been so lucky to live in such an incredible place for the past two years.

I'm thankful for our travels this year - the cruise, Los Angeles, several Florida trips, Cleveland, and Mexico. What great experiences! I hope we can continue to travel together in the coming year...we're hoping to plan an Italy trip!

I'm thankful for a new year to look forward to, one that promises to be filled with change and exciting new things. I can't wait to see where we end up.

I'm thankful for New York City. There's just nothing like it, and living here has been an experience I will never forget.
Take some time today in between helpings of turkey to think about what you're thankful for, and please, share! I would love to hear what you are thankful for, too.

I hope you all have a most wonderful holiday! Happy Thanksgiving from the W. Family!

2 comments:

Dad said...

I am thankful for my daughters, the lights of my life.

Becky said...

I, too, am so thankful for the most wonderful family in the world! I am also thankful for my homestead, being able to have a job that I love and that keeps me in such good shape, being in good health, the warmth of the sun, the songs of the birds, and the ever-present beauty of God's creation. So very much to be thankful for! I love you, Meghan, Eric and Achilles!