Monday, November 15, 2010

¡Hasta Luego!

We're out of here! By the time this post goes live, Eric and I will be well on our way to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Mexico!

 Photo of Zihuatanejo Bay, taken by Molly last November!

My dear cousin Molly is getting married on Saturday evening, and I can't wait! As you have probably figured out, Molly has always been an important person in my life. She and I have been great friends since we were just little ones:

 A couple of my favorite Molly & Meghan pictures!
On the left: Molly, me and my doll Sharri out for a walk; on the right: me giving my cousin a hug

And we've only gotten closer as time has gone on. I'm so excited to celebrate her marriage this week!

We're going to have a great time. We don't have nearly the detailed itinerary for this trip that we did for our Hungary/Scotland trip last year, but I know we'll be doing some awesome things.

We'll be arriving in Ixtapa around 2:30 (CST) this afternoon. We have a layover in Houston first, and will actually be meeting up with Heather there so we can all continue on to Mexico together! Molly, Arturo, my cousin Jacob (Molly's brother) and his wife Zita are already there, so we will see them when we get to the hotel. We'll be staying at the Dorado Pacifico Resort, and it looks glorious. Heather will be sharing a room with Eric and me, so it's going to be one big giant fun party all week long!

The Dorado Pacifico Resort

Sample room at the resort - not a terrible view.

Oh hello there, you beautiful swim-up bar, you. I foresee myself spending many hours on those wonderful underwater bar stools.

Delicious dinner with a view of the Mexican sunset? Okay, you twisted my arm.

We will spend the next couple of days relaxing on the beach and doing various activities, although we don't have a set schedule just yet. Eric will golf (of course), we'll probably do some snorkeling, maybe a sunset cruise, maybe ziplining. Well, the others seem interested in ziplining, but I'm terrified. I am a girl who could not watch the movie Up in 3D because the heights made me too nervous, so I'm not so much down with the ziplining thing. I'm going to try to work up my nerve, but I make no promises.

I can guarantee, however, that I will be enjoying the great outdoors in some way, shape or form if this weather forecast holds true:


How incredible does that look? Maybe I'll be enjoying that 88 degrees with sun and 0-10% chance of precipitation while soaring through a forest on a zipline, or maybe I'll enjoy it from a chair on the beach with a margarita in each hand (the latter is much more likely than the former), but you can rest assured that I will be enjoying it, one way or another.

On Wednesday, more of our family will arrive for the festivities, including my mother. Then things will really start to pick up. Thursday night is Molly's bachelorette party, and Heather and I have a few fun things in store for that! Friday will be the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, and then Heather, Zita and I will spend the night with Molly at Casa Kau-Kan in Zihuatanejo, where the wedding will actually take place.

Another photo stolen from Molly - this is the view from Restaurant Kau-Kan, where we will be having the rehearsal dinner!

We will spend Saturday getting ready for the Big Event (I'm doing Molly's hair! Yikes!), and then at sunset, Molly will walk down the aisle! The ceremony will be followed by dinner, drinks, dancing, and general merriment. Then we will spend the night at Casa Kau-Kan so the party can continue as late into the night as we want!

Casa Kau-Kan - the wedding will be on this beach!

Sample room at Kau-Kan (another photo stolen from Molly)

Sunday, Molly and Arturo will leave for their honeymoon in the Yucatán Peninsula (lucky!), while Heather, Eric and I will return to Dorado for our last day. We will most likely spend the day talking about how awesome the wedding was and being sad we have to leave.

Heather, my mom, Eric and I are all on the same flight out of Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo on Monday, so we will leave together and part ways during our layover in Houston. Eric and I will be back in New York late Monday evening, and will be reunited with poor non-vacationing Achilles on Tuesday.

This certainly promises to be a great trip! If our internet connection is decent down there I might pop on for a quick "¡Hola! We're here!" post, but that will be it for me (if that happens at all) until we're back in the States. So, I bid you a great week! ¡Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks wonderful!
Will be anxiously awaiting the forthcoming blog about Mexico & the wedding!
Love, Aunt Rachel