We're back from our weekend in California! We had a fantastic time. We had a jam-packed weekend and, as we have been known to do, we took a ton of pictures. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for those of you on the edge of your seat to hear about our trip (do you exist?), my jury work for this week was cancelled because of a last-minute case continuation. Such is the life of a jury consultant. But, that means I can get right to work sorting through pictures and getting recaps posted. Are you totally excited?
While I get my life together for full recaps, I thought I would just post a quick list of things I learned on this trip to whet your appetite:
Things I Learned in Los Angeles
- Being spontaneous can be really fun and can allow you to see a place that you might otherwise never have planned a trip to.
- We can fill a day with more sight-seeing than you would imagine possible. We can cover an awful lot of ground in one day.
- Los Angeles has beautiful weather during the day but gets pretty cold at night. If your hotel room is below ground level, it might behoove you to bring sweatpants because you will be cold (at least, if you are me you will).
- Mountains are really pretty to look at. I like them.
- There is an awful lot of Hollywood history that I don't know.
- The television show Man v. Food will not steer you wrong when it comes to good eatin'.
- The couch from Central Perk in Friends has seen better days but is still awesome.
- Celebrities always seem shorter in person. Ben Affleck is no exception.
- If your husband is exceptionally picky about pictures taken of the two of you, the Gorillapod is indispensable for taking team pictures that fit his "vision."
- This one is an important one. If you are exhausted, and go to bed late, and have to be up at 4:00 a.m. to catch your 7:30 a.m. flight to L.A., you might want to set as many alarm clocks as you can to prevent oversleeping. If not, you may be awoken at 7:00 a.m. to expletives from your husband as he leaps out of bed in a panic. You will then end up in L.A. twelve hours later than planned.