Friday, March 19, 2010

Could It Be...Spring?

All week I have been wanting to post about the super fun things we did last weekend. To spoil the "surprise," we went to the Big East Championship game at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, and on Monday we went to a taping of the Letterman show. Both were awesome and I'm so excited to tell you about them, but that's not happening now. I've been too busy working (yay!) to make that happen, and now I'm in weekend mode so I just don't have it in me for all that recapping right now. So, you must wait.

BUT I did want to post a quick update to tell you that the Guinness Beef Stew I made was AWESOME. Very delicious, indeed. Eric and I enjoyed a lovely St. Patrick's Day dinner of stew and Irish beer, and of course, the Empire State Building sent her St. Patty's Day regards as well.

Our festive St. Patrick's Day meal

Luck o' the Irish to you from the Empire State Building!

The other thing that I simply must discuss right now is the weather. People, this weather is TO DIE FOR. I don't remember last March being like this, but maybe it was. Actually, no it wasn't, because I just read that we set record high temperatures today - LaGuardia airport recorded a high temperature of 72 degrees! I mean, that is just so fabulous. People were running around in summer dresses and sandals. I thought we had a solid three more months before that would happen!

I know this weather is not going to last yet (it's supposed to be back in the 50s and raining by Monday), but it was just so nice that it was killing me to be stuck inside working all week while this was going on outside. So, today when I wrapped up my work mid-day, I went out to enjoy. I did some shopping this afternoon, then this evening Achilles and I met Eric for a walk in Central Park. And guess what I saw there? FLOWERS! Is it really spring?

Achilles is clearly very excited about this sign of spring.

We had a lovely little walk and even stopped in the dog play area to let Achilles run around with the other little dogs, and run he did. He was loving it! I think he really loves the grass.


VIDEO: Achilles in Central Park today

We'll be spending the rest of our weekend enjoying this weather. Eric is going to do a little golfing tomorrow, and on Sunday he's running the NYC Half Marathon again. So, more fun things to come - I have my blogging work cut out for me next week!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! And as of tomorrow, Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, I never thought Achilles would be the biggest in a group of dogs :) Congrats on the work, that's great! I hope you can enjoy the weekend, yesterday was beautiful here - it got in the 60s - but the high today is 38 and I can hear something that sounds an awful lot like ice going on outside, I have been too afraid to look :(

Becky said...

Those flowers were crocuses!! I love those! Sigh. That is the ONLY thing I miss about up north - the spring flowers in bloom.