Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Change of Plans

Surprise - I'm going to Florida today! I was scheduled to go tomorrow afternoon, leaving at 3:30pm and arriving in Tampa around 7:00. But, New York is scheduled to get hit with a pretty big snowstorm tomorrow - they're calling for 6-12" of snow, and 40 mph wind gusts. Awesome. I guess we'll finally get the snow we managed to avoid during that storm that hit the mid-Atlantic this past weekend. They were predicting 6" of snow for us then, but all we got was a brief flurry in the middle of the night (unlike our friends in D.C. and Pennsylvania who got SLAMMED).

So, when I saw that forecast, I knew my flight tomorrow would be cancelled. I don't know for sure if it has been, but I assume it will be and I have already heard of other airlines cancelling their NYC flights for tomorrow. So, I decided to be proactive and called the airline to see what could be done. They were able to switch me to the same flight a day earlier for no charge. So, now I am flying home this afternoon at 3:30 and getting in to Tampa around 7:00.

I'm sad to leave Eric a day earlier, but it's good that I'll be able to avoid the headaches of flight cancellations. Plus, this gives me a little more time to enjoy Florida before heading off to cruise time. Tonight my sister-in-law Kelley has generously offered to pick me up from the airport, then I'll be going to dinner with her. Tomorrow I'll be taking care of last-minute errands before the cruise and meeting up with some friends in the evening. Thursday morning my dad and I will be heading up to my grandmother's house for a visit, then in the afternoon I'll go visit Toni and have dinner with Waters folk again. Then, Friday my dad and I will leave early in the morning to make the drive to Ft. Lauderdale to meet up with HEATHER! Hooray!

So, lots to come in the next couple of days, and even more in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to post during all my travels, so this may be it until I return to New York on February 26th. But, I'll pop in with a brief update before then if possible. In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful couple of weeks!

No comments: