Friday, August 28, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

I just wanted to post a quick update, because I know I promised you a wedding recap later this week and I have yet to deliver. Unfortunately, we have just had other things on our minds this week.

We found out on Tuesday that Toni (Eric's mom) has colon cancer, and she had surgery to remove it yesterday. From what I hear, the surgery went well, but we will have more details as to treatment, prognosis, etc. hopefully next week.

For those of you who don't know her, my mother-in-law is seriously one of the most awesome women I have ever met, and I hate to know that she is sick in any way. I also hate to see the rest of the family hurting, scared, or upset. They're all such good people. So, this has been a tough week.

Eric is on his way to Florida now for the weekend, and will return on Tuesday morning. I'm glad he will get to be with his family for a few days at least, and I know he is too. I wish I could join him, but I am certainly sending them my love from New York. I'm praying for them, too - for healing, strength, courage and peace.

I'll be back with that promised recap soon, but in the meantime, please keep Toni and the rest of the family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan & Eric,
I will be praying. So sorry.....

Love, Aunt Rachel

Shauna said...

I am so sorry you guys are having to go through such a scary situation. I will definitely keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers through this tough time. I pray that she makes a full recovery and can move on from it all.