Friday, October 10, 2008

We're Official Now!

This week, we officially got our NY state licenses, so I guess this means we're officially New Yorkers! We actually went to the DMV to get them last week, and it was quite a process. The place opened at 8:30a.m. and we got there at 8:45, and the line was already SO LONG. It was nuts. We had to wait in the line for a good while to get our pictures taken, then they gave us each a number and we had to wait to be called. Once we were called, all they did was have us sign a form and check our ID. Then they told us to wait to be called AGAIN, which was the longest wait of the morning. Then when we were called that time, basically all we did was pay (and they charged me $2.50 more than they charged Eric!), and then they told us our IDs would be mailed to us in 2-3 weeks. What??? This was very strange. In both FL and VA, they give out IDs on the spot. So, we've been wandering around with "temporary licenses" all week...they're just slips of paper without a picture, just some of our info printed on them.

But anyway, our new IDs arrived yesterday, and they're weird. I figured since we had to wait to get them, they must be super fancy and, I don't know, sturdy or something. Not so. I mean, I guess they're fancy, because they're pretty hologram-y, but they're so BENDY! They seem fake to me. Very strange. 

Demonstrating the flexibility of my new license

Plus, I miss my old VA license picture. I got my most recent VA license last year after the wedding when I did my name change, so I took my picture right after the honeymoon. I was tan and lookin' good. I look pretty pasty in this one.

My new ID! Don't be confused, it really does contain vital info like my last name and address. However, that info has been removed to protect the innocent. Safety first! Also, could my face BE any whiter?

In other news, please accept my apologies for the posting dry spell on this blog as of late. Why the lack of new posts, you ask? Because nothing is happening. I spent all last week sick as a dog, and only recently have returned to functional health. And all I do now that I've rejoined the non-sick world is study for the GRE. It's like a full-time job, and it sucks. Plus, Eric has actually been pretty busy at work this week, so he's been working pretty late nights. The bottom line is, the W. house has been a pretty dull place to be this week. Other than our new IDs, our most exciting news is that Achilles has finished two bones this week. Isn't that just riveting?

Hopefully I'll be back to a super-exciting life pretty soon! We do have some fun things coming up, including a visit from my sister in a couple weeks! So, stay tuned!

No comments: