Monday, October 20, 2008

Rays in the World Series!


The Rays beat the Red Sox last night in Game 7, and are now going to the World Series! Isn't that amazing? I was glad they won last night...I was starting to be nervous that this series would be deja vu all over again from last year, when the Red Sox came back from being down 3-1 in the series to beat the Indians. Oh, my poor Indians.

But the Rays pulled it off! Yesterday Eric and I were walking around town and he was proudly sporting his Rays jersey, and he got SO many comments from New Yorkers wishing him good luck. So, apparently for New Yorkers, Love for the Yankees = Hate for the Red Sox = Love for the Rays. For now, at least!

Eric is tossing around the idea of heading over to Philadelphia next weekend to try to scalp tickets to one of the games! I won't be joining him because Heather is coming next weekend, but I'm sure if he goes it'll be a blast. We wish we could be in St. Pete for all the excitement!

Go Rays!

No comments: