Sunday, April 8, 2012

Blessed

Happy Easter, friends and family!

2012 W. Family Easter Photo!

This Easter, as we celebrate the Risen Savior, I am spending a lot of time giving thanks for the blessings in my life. Since Ellie's birth I have been repeatedly struck by how good my God is and how everything happens according to His plan. He is never surprised, He is never out of control. He has the reins, which means that things unfold perfectly according to His plan.

I am hoping to start talking about Ellie's birth story here on the blog this week. Parts of it were frustrating, parts were scary, and parts were beautiful. As I reflect on how my baby girl made her way into this world I can't help but see how God held the whole event in His hands. Everything happened just as it needed to in order to make sure Ellie and I were both safe and healthy, and I am left with a perfect little girl in my arms as a result. I know that God was watching over us, our doctors, our nurses and of course, Ellie through the whole thing. How can you not be thankful for something like that? And when I look at this beautiful baby, this perfect little being with a clean slate and her whole life in front of her, I'm just overcome. I don't even have words to express how thankful I am for this blessing.

So today, as our little family of three (plus dog) spends a quiet Easter at home, I will thank God for the sacrifice of his Son. I will thank Him for my husband who is my rock and my best friend, and for our little girl who has already brought more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined. I will thank Him for our family and friends who we love so much. I will thank Him for our home and the opportunity to show Ellie such a wonderful world. My cup runneth over, and I am so thankful.


Blessed.

Happy Easter, my friends. Take some time today to reflect and give thanks!

He is Risen!

Christ is Risen indeed!

5 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful post Meghan. Its amazing how kids show us the true goodness of God. Hope your day is blessed.

Lauren said...

Happy Easter to you & your beautiful family, you truly are so blessed!!

Becky said...

My Meghan,
As I sit here with tears in my eyes after reading this beautiful entry, I too am so thankful for so much, and especially the birth of my little granddaughter, Ellie. You are all so special, and I thank God for you. God's blessings upon you, Eric and Ellie on this Easter Sunday and all year.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Glory to God for all He has done today and always! Your post is such a great reminder of the Easter story! God had a plan for us all in the resurrection of His Son, and He definitely had a plan for your family and the birth of beautiful Ellie! So happy for you, Eric & Ellie!

Love,
Aunt Rachel

Meghan said...

Happy Easter! I love that family photo! :)