Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paint By Number

I mentioned in my last post that during our Central Park walk, Eric and I made a detour to Michael's for a little craft shopping. This is a true story. We decided we should spend our evening drinking wine and "doing a craft" together. I told you we're dorks.

We spent quite some time wandering through Michael's, primarily in the kids section, looking for something we could make. Before reaching a decision, we got sidetracked by felt hats, which are AWESOME.

Tell me these hats aren't awesome.

We finally settled on some tiny paint-by-numbers for 75 cents a piece. Score!

And, we did them! After recuperating from our super long Central Park walk, we settled in with some wine, a movie and paint-by-numbers. Eric's was a spaceship, and mine was a fish scene.

 Hard at work

Eric working on his spaceship

Eric's turned out much better than mine, I think. He was a little neater and his had brighter colors. But, we both proudly displayed our finished products by the end of the movie. (Is it bad that it took us an hour and a half to do these children's paint-by-numbers?)

Eric and his spaceship painting

Me with my fish

The finished paintings and our "work space"

Naturally, Achilles had to check things out.

It was really a fun way to spend an evening! Although yes, I do find it strange that I can say my husband and I spent a Saturday night sitting around our dining room table painting spaceships and cartoon fish. But hey, I liked it. Seriously, though...who does that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Makes me want to bring out the crayons and coloring books! I think you guys might be ready for children! Ahem!!!