Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Apartment Update

Thanks to everyone who responded either on the blog, via email, or via phone with your votes of confidence in our plan to move to the new apartment! We decided we are definitely going to go for it, and I have filled out the relocation paperwork to get things moving. We're still trying to nail down a definite move-in date, since they will only allow us to reserve an elevator on weekdays, so Eric will have to take a day off work. But, as of now we're tentatively planning on moving February 6. They tell us we'll only be able to have both apartments for 48 hours before we start getting charged double, so the move might have to be pretty quick. We're also waiting to hear back from them to see if there's any flexibility in that...it sure would make our lives a lot easier to have a few more days to move things up at our leisure. So, we'll see.

So here we go again...our third move in a year and a half! But hopefully this will be it for a while. I'm really hopeful that this apartment will last us for a while, and so I hope to invest more time and energy into decorating it and making it home. We're talking about doing some wall-painting, which we've never done before (and another reason why it would be great if they'd give us more than 48 hours to move-in). We'll also probably end up getting nicer furniture as I mentioned before, and we'll finally get that red rug I've been wanting for the living room! So hopefully we can really turn it into a place we'll be happy to stay in for a while. 

In addition to figuring out the moving details, I'm supposed to have some work coming in from my old firm in DC, which will probably keep me busy this weekend or early next week. Also, we had plans to see an off-Broadway show this weekend. And, in other exciting news, Eric has OFFICIALLY been recommended for admission to the NY Bar after interviewing with them earlier this week, so he'll be getting sworn in on Monday afternoon! Very exciting! But, since we have lots of other things going on, I'm going to try to get moving on the packing right away. One plus about moving in New York that I've already discovered is the ease of getting boxes! Tons of bundles of boxes are regularly put out on the street for recycling, so it's like a free buffet of boxes. No more stalking your grocery store for banana boxes, just take your pick from the recycling!

So that's the latest news! I'll continue to keep you updated as we finalize our plans and make the move. I think I've gotten myself psyched up and I'm ready to GO! New apartment, here we come!

No comments: