Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Got an Interview!

Just had to quickly share that I found out over the weekend that the graduate school I applied to would like me to come in for an interview on February 13! It's actually an Interview Day with other applicants, and it sounds super intense. This is the tentative schedule of the day they sent me:
9:00 AM–9:15 AM Continental Breakfast
9:15 AM–9:45 AM Welcoming remarks
9:45 AM–11:15 AM Introduction to Faculty and their Research Interests
11:15 AM–12:30 PM Talk with Director of Experimental Training and campus tour
12:30 PM–1:30 PM Lunch
1:30 PM–4:00 PM Interviews with the faculty
4:00 PM–5:00 PM Reception with clinical applicants in the Multipurpose Room
5:30 PM - ? Dinner with faculty at local restaurant
Crazy, no? That will be a long day of trying to impress people. I think it will be good though, because it will give me plenty of time to speak with faculty and current students to see if I feel like this program really is the ideal fit for me. If I don't feel comfortable with everyone, it will certainly lessen the blow if I don't get in. Although I hope I get in! I'm optimistic now, since this looks like I made it through the first round of screening and now got a "call-back," if you will.

I have to send them an ordered list of faculty that I would most like to speak to one-on-one, so I will be spending a lot of time over the next couple of weeks reading up on the faculty and reading some of their research, as well as reviewing some of my own research and past cases so I can speak confidently about what I have done in the past. And I know I can speak freely about my plans for the future! That part I've got down pat.

So that's my big news! Isn't it exciting? Also, I have quite a few pictures to share with you from the weekend, but those will come later. We got a lot of snow this weekend so Eric and I spent some time taking pictures, but now I am paying the price with a bit of a cold. So, I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon snuggled up on the couch with the dog, watching the Presidential Inauguration hoopla and trying to keep the sneezing to a minimum. I am optimistic that I will be feeling better tomorrow, so hopefully I can get the pictures up then. But, just to tide you over, here is a sneak preview:

Snowy bridge over frozen water in Central Park

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: