Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Dad

Happy Father's Day!

In honor of the day, I think a break from the New York Apartment Search posts is in order. Today, I'd like to talk about my dad. 

My dad is a great man with a big heart, and is a true gentleman. He has taught me many, many things over the course of my life:

He taught me to love books and reading...

He taught me to love music (in many forms)...

He taught me how to celebrate birthdays, which usually involved spice cake...

He taught me how to swim...

And to love the beach...

He taught me how to properly put lights on a Christmas tree, so that when you take off your glasses and squint your eyes at it, there are no dark spots (this is a very important life lesson)...

He taught me that there's nothing better than laughing with the people you love...

And most importantly, he taught me that your family is something to be treasured - these are the people that will love you always.

Thanks, Dad, for all the life lessons and happy memories you've given me. I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day.

No comments: