Monday, August 22, 2016

We're In!

Phew! We're finally emerging on the other side of the moving chaos and I'm finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We might actually get settled in to our new house soon!

The move itself went fairly well, hugely thanks to help from my dad and Eric's friend from work (for manual labor) and my mentor mom (for babysitting). We've been working on unpacking and setting things up to our liking, and minus some maintenance hassles, so far that process is going pretty well.

Also, today is Eric's first day of work, so things are really in motion now! This is the last week of summer vacation for Ellie, so next Monday will really bring about our new fall routine in earnest.

I'm going to try to take some time in between the last of the unpacked boxes to start sorting through pictures from our trip and catching up on summer blog posts, so that will be headed your way soon. In the meantime, though, I'm going to resume my efforts to turn this new house fully into our home!

The new house!

No comments: