Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Holiday Fun

Eric and I had a sort of impromptu fun holiday evening last night. I had a 6:00pm appointment to get my hair cut (finally!) at a place near his office, so when I was finished he met me there and we decided to walk over to Grand Central to try to see the full light show. We did, and it was very nice! Then we did a little more shopping in their holiday market and got some good Christmas gift ideas.

Lights on the walls of Grand Central during the show

Lights on the ceiling


VIDEO: A snippet of the light show

The Holiday Fair at Grand Central

Christmas tree of TVs at the entrance to the Holiday Fair

After Grand Central, we walked over to Bryant Park to check out the festivities that we had meant to see last week. The ice rink was packed, of course, and they had a very pretty Christmas tree. There were also TONS of shops, and we got more gift ideas! I also found a Claddagh ring in just the style I have been looking for for months, so I was pretty excited about that.

On the way to Bryant Park, Eric stopped for a picture with the Soup Nazi of Seinfeld fame

Me by the fountain in Bryant Park (like my new hair?)

Ice skaters at the Pond in Bryant Park

The Christmas Tree, up close and personal

I love how in this city, just roaming around can make for a lovely evening. Especially now during the holidays! Although things seem to be pretty crowded, with lots of people coming into town to enjoy New York at Christmas, but I suppose that's the price you have to pay!

Hope all of you have a nice weekend!

No comments: